The El Galleon Dive resort hotels at the Small La laguna beach location in Puerto Galera offers some of the best scuba diving facilities in the region. Along with the scuba the visitor can enjoy many other great activities including beach hopping, kayaking, snorkelling and even trips into the Mindoro mountains to pan and search for gold. Here you can fulfil all those dreams of finding the mother load and sip a dry martini at the same time, who said getting rich was hard work?
After all this strenuous work one can pop back to the “Point Bar” and enjoy yet more wonderful cocktails and soak up the sounds of the evening’s entertainment .
El Galleon Dive resort hotels' cottages on Small La laguna Beach afford the peace and tranquillity of private rooms, nestled amongst palm trees, with the crystal clear waters of the Philippine Sea only a stone throw away.
The lovely cottages of El Galleon Dive resort hotels' are designed to give the visitor the best in peace and quiet along with superb luxury cottages carefully nestling in between the palm trees with the Sea at their doorstep. Transferring from Manila airport to the resort takes around about 3hrs initially. There is a ride in the resorts air conditioned vehicles and then a short boat hop to the pier at El Galleon.
In all there are five types of accommodation available at El Galleon’s, taking into account all budgets and tastes.
- Four Budget rooms are designed for the visitor who does not want to be made a fuss off and just wants to get on with the diving experience, these rooms are fitted with air-conditioning , two single beds mini bar and a certain quaint older style bathroom.
- For the more adventurous soles who love the idea of living on the edge, the pool that is, there are a choice of one of the twelve poolside rooms again with air-conditioning, a queen size bed, mini-bar, an en-suite bathroom and storage areas.
- For family requirements there are three larger rooms to choose room each has a standard queen bed, with two extra beds available. All come with air-conditioning, mini-bar, nice en-suite bathroom and storage areas.
- Rooms with a view are next on the agenda and have spectacular panoramic views of the waterfront with the Philippine Sea just yards from the front door of these very spacious living quarters. All rooms have queen sized beds along with a mini-bar, some storage areas, en-suite bathrooms and of course the air-conditioning.
- For overt and totally decadence why not try out the penthouse apartment with its own private balcony and adjacent kitchen this offers the total harmony of mind and soul for the honeymoon couple.
Ek Galleon Dive Resort is known as one of the best diving centres with some of the top dives around.
A PADI Career Development Center operates out of the scuba dive center being run by Asia Divers. They are one if not the largest diving schools in Asia and have trained many divers to a high safety standard so that the newly qualified diver can seek out and dive to any of the 30+ dives available.
Expert divemaster tuition in many foreign languages such as German, Tagalog, Swedish, French, Dutch and Spanish is on hand to assist the beginners on their road to a full PADI open water certificate for the more experienced diver lessons in Rebreather instruction and Nitrox usage are all available from the technical support teams from Asia Divers.
Around Puerto Galera one can expect to find over 3000 species of marine life which equates to half as many than are available to be seen in the Red sea for example. The whole area is littered with interesting and phenomenal sites, such as the many wreck dives, drift dives and deep dives to name but a few to choose from. All in all the diving experience of Puerto Galera is something not to be missed as the diving is excellent and the surroundings enchanting.